We are looking optimistically towards the dates of April 15 and 18 to resume in-person worship. When we begin in-person worship again we will be providing two worship opportunities: Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. (at which time we will also be recording the service that will continue to be available each week as an online option) and our regular service time of Sundays at 9:30 a.m. Much more information will be provided over the course of the next few weeks as to what the worship services will look like and what to anticipate if you choose to attend in-person services. Please make sure to read the information in upcoming newsletters.
As we move through the rest of the Lenten Season and towards Holy Week and Easter we are finalizing plans on several events that we hope you will consider participating in.
- The sanctuary continues to be available each week for a Stations of the Cross model based on Jesus’ Seven Last Words from the cross. The times are: Sundays, 3:00-4:00 p.m.; Mondays, 9:00-10:00 a.m.; and Wednesdays, 9:00-10:00 a.m. and 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- On Maundy/Holy Thursday on April 1st at 6:30 p.m. there will be a live online Zoom service, which will include communion. Instructions for picking up – or preparing ahead of time – communion elements and the zoom link will be provided next week.
- On Good Friday, April 2nd between 5:30-7:30 p.m. the sanctuary will be open a last time for the Stations of the Cross. If you haven’t yet had the opportunity to participate this will be a good time to do it. If you have already participated there will be some additional activities and reflection options.
- Beginning on Saturday morning, April 3rd and continuing through April 11th there will be an Easter Week Easter Egg Hunt at the church. A list of the descriptions of hidden eggs will be provided on the website and available at the church. You will be able to come to the church when it fits best in your schedule and to search for the hidden eggs.
- Available by Saturday evening, April 3rd an online Easter Sunrise Service will be available on our website. The service will include a communion liturgy appropriate for early Easter morning.
- On Easter Sunday, April 4th, we will be having an Easter Open House at the church. You are invited to stop by the church anytime between 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. to see some of the changes we’ve made since you may have been here last, to greet staff and to receive communion (the Words of Institution and a blessing will be provided and you will be offered communion elements. We are asking the communion elements be consumed in the parking lot after you leave so that masks can be appropriately worn during the time you are at the church.) The Easter Open House is also an excellent time to try your hand at the Easter Egg Hunt and participants in the Easter Egg Hunt Easter morning might receive a special gift!
More information about resuming in-person worship and more information about all the events listed above will be in upcoming newsletters.
I hope to see you very soon,