We have resumed in-person worship services. There are currently two in-person worship service options provided each week, Thursday and Sunday mornings, both days at 9:30 a.m. During the Thursday worship service we are recording the service that will continue to be available as an online option. Masks and social distancing are required at both services.
I am hopeful that each of you are making your decisions about whether to worship in-person or online after carefully considering your comfort level, your concerns about your own safety, and your – as well as others – vaccination status.
There is no pressure, obligation or assumption that you attend in-person worship. We continue to offer online worship and we hope, expect and anticipate that many of you feel safer worshipping in that format and have found online worship to be convenient and offering flexibility. Know that whether you worship in-person or online, each of you are a part of the Aldersgate Community!
If you decide to attend in-person worship, please read over the information provided elsewhere in the newsletter as to what the worship services will look like and what to anticipate.
Also, please be aware of these additional related decisions we have made:
- In-person Sunday school classes are not currently meeting. We anticipate in-person Sunday morning educational opportunities to begin again in September.
- The Nursery is not currently available. We are hopeful that the nursery might be available in September.
- The Zoom Coffee, Conversation and Connection will be available each Sunday morning at 10:45 a.m. through May 16th. A link is provided each week in the newsletter.
- Each week a children’s book video is recorded and posted on the website featuring Aldersgate members reading the books. Weekly Children’s Book Videos will continue through May 16th.
- The Church Office open hours will remain Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. through mid-September. We will reassess building open hours this summer
We are anticipating monthly all church outdoor gatherings during the summer. If you would like to help plan one of the gatherings please contact the church office