March 31, 2020
As you are all aware, information, recommendations and guidelines around the Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic continue to evolve and change on a daily basis. In consultation with Steering Committee Chair, Kaj Sinclair, I want to make you aware of some of our current decisions as we attempt to responsibly and safely navigate this time.
• Following federal and state recommended guidelines our building will remain closed until further notice. We will continue to monitor our current context as well as federal and state guidelines and will make decisions about reopening the building when appropriate.
• During the time the building is closed, additional cleaning and disinfecting is being done to all classrooms and common areas.
• We will continue to provide an online version of our worship service each week. A link to the worship service is made available on our website www.aldersgatedsm.org each Saturday evening after 5:00 pm and can be viewed anytime during the week.
• During this time, if you need to visit with any of the Aldersgate staff, if you have prayer concerns, or pastoral care needs, please be in contact with the church office or directly by phone, text or email with any of the staff. We want to remain connected and in community with you. Following recommended guidelines, staff are working primarily from home.
• We are continuing to look for and provide opportunities to gather as community even when we can’t gather in-person. If you would like to provide or participate in opportunities to connect with others (hosting or attending online Zoom gatherings, calling or receiving check-in calls from other members, or coordinating the above opportunities) please be in contact with Theresa.
• We know this is a challenging and uncertain time. Our ministries and mission continue. We appreciate and welcome your continued financial support as you are able. Electronic giving is available and checks can be mailed in or dropped off at the box outside the main office door at the church.
This is a difficult time for all of us. May we continue seeking ways to be the church together during these difficult days. I hope to see you soon!
Do you have a passion to share your talents and faith though music?
Aldersgate United Methodist Church seeks a Piano Accompanist to assist in our music ministries. The Accompanist would provide piano accompaniment to the Choir in Sunday worship services, Wednesday evening rehearsal sessions, and other special services. Person should be musically creative and play various genres of music; be dependable, punctual, and a team player.
Schedule for piano accompaniment:
Choir practice on Wednesday evenings at 6:45 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.
Choir performances in worship on the first and third Sundays at 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Program year is September to May.
Christmas Eve worship service, December 24, time to be determined
Flexibility to provide accompaniment for special services to be determined (examples might be Good Friday worship service or Christmas caroling at local care centers)
Compensation is $50 per Wednesday practice or Sunday performance.
Aldersgate United Methodist Church
3600 75th St.
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
Send email and/or resume of music experience to email@example.com