Over the past several months our Staff-Parish-Pastor Relations Committee has been in conversation about various possibilities to address the ministry hopes of the church for our youth. I have been pleased with the intentionality of those conversations and I was glad to be able to join in the conversations already taking place when I arrived.
The goals that evolved over time for SPRC were to:
• Provide a coordinated path of faith formation and development for our children, youth and adults that connected rather than segmented our programming.
• Build on the faithful involvement of our youth ministry volunteers and make available opportunities for new volunteers.
• Maintain a continuity of relationships with children/youth, their parents, and other church members rather than passing people from one program to another.
• Be good stewards of our church finances while providing resources and programming that meet our current needs.
I’m pleased to announce that Megan Stange, our current Children and Families Coordinator, has accepted SPRC’s offer to include Youth as part of her ministry responsibilities. Megan’s coordination will include:
• Developing, planning and guiding faith formation and development for our 7-12 grade youth.
• Selecting youth curriculum for Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programming.
• Recruiting, training and supporting youth volunteers.
• Exploring possible collaborative children and youth programming with other area churches.
I’m really pleased that Megan has agreed to step into this expanded role! She brings gifts, experience and passion that I believe will benefit our ministries, our church, and our children, youth and families. I hope you will congratulate, welcome, and support Megan in this ‘new’ position.
I look forward to seeing you on Sunday – if not before.